Manitoba Horse Council Equestrian Facility
The Horse Council operates a 40-acre outdoor equestrian showgrounds in beautiful Birds Hill Provincial Park, Manitoba.
Interested in booking the facility?
- Hosting competitions, clinics, and camps from May until October (weather permitting)
- Accommodates most equestrian disciplines including a cattle pen for team penning.
- Cross country course maintain by Manitoba Horse Trials
- Bridge obstacle course maintain by Manitoba Driving Society
- Access to trails for endurance, competitive trail and recreation use.
- Springfield Polo Tournaments
- Mid-week group riding (does not include jumping). Book a weekday evening (Mon-Thurs starting at 4:30pm) for $100 1-10 horses/$10/horse if 10+ horses. Each rider must provide a current MHC membership and signed waiver, wear ASTM helmets and use proper footwear. A completed form and payment is required 24 hours in advance.
Download the Form
- dog shows
- beach volleyball tournaments
- company picnics
Spectators are welcome and encouraged at all equestrian events.
View the Events
EIA and Biosecurity
Manitoba Horse Council Facility status is Recommended Coggins. The first renter to book the facility and pay their deposit decides the status of the facility in relation to Coggins testing for the dates booked. Example: In the situation where two shows are booked on the same day, the first show to pay their deposit and complete the booking with the office sets the standard for both shows. This status will continue to be revisited at minimum on an annual basis and should any health issues arise within the Manitoba Horse Community.
As of January 15, 2020, updates to the Equestrian Canada Rule Book (General Regulations) note that all horses attending EC sanctioned Bronze, Silver and Gold competitions must comply with vaccination requirements under Article A519 (PDF).
MHC strongly recommends that all horses on the property have the regular EHV 1-4 vaccinations as protection and that owners practice strict biosecurity protocols while attending events at this or any other facility.
Between competitions, staff disinfect stalls and barns as per biosecurity protocols.