Manitoba Lotteries Bingo Volunteer Funds Program
MHC revised its Bingo Policy in order to meet Sport Manitoba and Manitoba Lotteries requirements as of 2017. Clubs must follow this policy in order to receive bingo funding from
MHC, as this funding is allocated to MHC by Sport Manitoba from Manitoba Lotteries.
Please read carefully the 2017 MHC Bingo Policy in the following package:
2017 MLCC Bingo Volunteer Fund Info Policy Club Package
2017 MLCC Bingo Volunteer Fund Application Form
2017 MLCC Bingo Volunteer Fund Expenditure Sheet
Hosting a competition? Overwhelmed or not sure where to start? Contact the MHC office for assistance.
For clubs hosting Equestrian Canada-sanctioned competitions, please view the Competition Organizers page.
2017 MHC Provincial Clinic Support Program
Purpose - To support member clubs with the cost of providing high-level clinicians to both grass roots and elite equestrians in Manitoba.
Operation - Manitoba Horse Council will provide grants to eligible clubs selected as part of the program. Grants are intended to assist clubs in meeting the costs of providing clinics; the program is not able to cover fully the costs of clinics. Clubs are therefore encouraged to develop plans for recouping the costs of the clinics they hold.
Funding Criteria and Requirements:
- The clinic must be organized by an MHC member club.
- The clinician/s delivering the clinic must be named at the time of application and must be certified at Equestrian Canada Competition Coach Specialist (CCS) – former Equestrian Canada Coach 2 – or above. If not certified at CCS or above, the clinician’s resume must be attached to the application for consideration.
- The clinic must be open to all throughout Manitoba.
- A target group for the clinic must be specified.
- The objectives/purpose of the clinic must be outlined on the application form.
- Clubs are expected to run and set up the clinic on a cost recovery basis, and if not successful, explain why.
- Clubs should give consideration to how the costs of the clinic can be recouped i.e. charging participant fees, sponsorship etc.
- A brief projected budget for the clinic must be provided outlining anticipated income and expenditure.
- Clinic organizers must provide a list of participants to MHC following the clinic.
- Applications will be approved based on the projected budget submitted however a Post-Clinic Report Form must be submitted after the clinic takes place in order for the grant to be paid. Original receipts/invoices for eligible expenses must be attached to the Claim Form. Expenses eligible for financial support through the program are: clinician’s honorarium, accommodation and travel; facility rental; equipment rental (e.g. show jumps, dressage rings) and materials – photocopying, course building materials (logs, rope, nails etc). Purchase of course building equipment (eg. tractors, hammers, chain saws etc) is NOT eligible.
- Clinics already taken place, in the appropriate 2017 funding period, are only required to submit a post event report for approval.
- Applications for funding through the program must be made on the appropriate form by the specified deadline (incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Submission of application does not mean automatic approval.
- Applications will be reviewed by MHC
Successful applications will receive written acknowledgement from the MHC Office indicating the approved funding level one month after the submission deadline.
Unsuccessful applications will receive written acknowledgement from the MHC Office one month after the submission deadline stating reasons for non-approval.
Provincial Club Support Program 2017
Provincial Clinic Application Form
Manitoba Horse Council Office
145 Pacific Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2Z6
Fax: (204) 925-5703
Executive Director, John Savard
Phone: (204) 925-5719
Email: [email protected]
Business Manager, Linda Hazelwood
Phone: (204) 925-5718
Email: [email protected]
Summer Office Hours commenced July 3, 2018.
10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Closed Wednesday. Please email if you have an urgent query.
Normal hours return September 5, 2018.
9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Monday through Friday