2023 dates announced for the Para-Dressage Video Competition Series
The Para-Dressage Video competition series provides riders of all levels and abilities with the opportunity to experience competition conditions in the comfort of their home stable and on a familiar horse. Participants compete against riders with similar abilities nationwide by submitting videos that are judged by EC certified Dressage Judges.
Ottawa, ON, March 1, 2023 – The Para-Dressage Video Competition Series, sponsored by Ride Every Stride, returns for the 2023 season. The Para-Dressage Video competition series provides riders of all levels and abilities with the opportunity to experience competition conditions in the comfort of their home stable and on a familiar horse. Participants compete against riders with similar abilities nationwide by submitting videos that are judged by EC certified Dressage Judges.
The Para-Dressage Video competitions encourage riders to develop effective skills to compete in a progressive and structured environment. The competition series is a fantastic way to ensure that para-dressage riders across Canada, no matter how geographically isolated, have the chance to compete. Competition is an integral part of athlete development and provides riders with new goals, as well as a sense of empowerment and accomplishment.
The 2023 competition entry deadlines are:
- March 15
- April 15
- May 15 (NEW)
- June 15 (NEW)
- July 15
- August 15
- September 15
- October 15
New for 2023
- All competitors competing within Division 5 will receive feedback from EC High Performance Technical Advisor Clive Milkins in addition to the judge sheet for EC certified official.
- Rider’s physical impairments and riders with intellectual impairments will be competing in separate divisions.
Competition Awards and Ribbons
Due the increasing costs of mail and couriers the format for competition prizes, ribbons and test sheets for 2023 will be as follows:
- First, second and third place winners will earn points towards prizes from Ride Every Stride.
- Points will cumulative and will be tabulated at the end of June competition and riders will be contacted on award options (using accumulated points) to choose for the first four competitions. Ribbons will be sent out with the prizes for the first four months of competitions
- Points will restart from July to the end of October competition and riders will be contacted on award options to choose for the last four competitions. Ribbons will be sent out with the prizes for the last four months of competitions.
- Judge sheets will be e-mailed the rider and coach after each competition.
- Division 5 competitors will receive feedback on video entry from EC High Performance Technical Advisor 2 – 3 weeks after competition.
- Results will be announced 2 -3 weeks after the competition deadline.
Resources for coaches with riders who are not classified on compensating aids:
All competitors must hold a current EC Sport Licence for the Bronze level or higher to enter the Para-Dressage Video Competition Series. This can be renewed or purchased online through MyEC. In order to renew your EC Sport Licence, you must first renew with your Provincial/Territorial Sport Organization (PTSO). In some cases, it may take a few business days for your PTSO to process your renewal before your EC renewal can be completed.
Please read thoroughly this competition guidelines which includes how to determine a competitor’s division and division level, class rules, judging considerations, as this document contains important information. There have been many updates for 2023.
View the Guidelines